a little more embellishment

I had a little free time today, and I should have spent it working on some vocal music that just got dropped into my lap. (Le sigh)

Instead, I decided to embellish the second pair of accidentally-too-small-felted-slippers and get them all ready for the school fundraiser. 

Pompoms ahoy!!

To make the soles of these slippers non, uh, slippery, I used a scraps from a suede skirt I picked up at a thrift store a couple weeks ago.


I have mixed feelings about these big fundraising events. It's a public school. We shouldn't have to mine the parents for money to pay for things that ought to be available already. On the other hand, it's not the school's fault that the budget is tight and that half the kids who attend live in poverty, so it's important to do what is necessary to provide the best education possible for the kids who are there right now. Will the few handmade items I contributed make any sort of difference in the big scheme of things? Honestly, I doubt it. But at least I had fun making them.

Comments

WildflowerWool said…
What a great reuse of the thrift skirt!

Popular Posts