Anya's purple sweater, at last!

Sorry for the delay in posting about this, but since returning from Kentucky, the nap situation has gotten really quite desperate. I won't bore you with details, but the whole thing has left me crabby and exhausted. Also, I'm completely dreading tomorrow when my dad drives back home and Stu goes to work and I'm back to taking care of the kids all by myself during the day.

Because, you see, my dad is an expert at holding snuggly little babies:



Anya has already gotten some good use out of this sweater, though of course I waited until it was cloudy and dark this morning to take pictures. She was more or less a cooperative model.



This last picture is probably the best representation of the color:



Pattern:
Cardigan B from Sirdar's Baby Bamboo pattern booklet
Yarn: Lerke, by Dale of Norway, a cotton/merino blend in DK weight. I bought 5 skeins and it was too many. I think 4 would have been plenty.
Needles and gauge: size 3 and 6, 22 st = 4" on size 6 needles
Comments: The yarn is lovely and soft, though it's easy to split, probably due to all the cotton content. It held up very nicely to wet-blocking before I seamed, but I haven't washed the sweater yet (though I'll need to soon), so I can't speak to how the yarn wears. The pattern was easy enough, though all that ribbing on size 3 needles got pretty tedious. I think Anya looks cute as a button wearing it, of course, and she's got some room to grow, so it was certainly worth the effort.

Coming up next: I've been knitting socks!!

Comments

Popular Posts