Finished! Noro striped scarf

My mom's birthday was this week. I'd been planning to knit her something, but couldn't decide on anything, and then all of a sudden it was the end of October, so I needed to narrow it down to something quick, and then it dawned on me. The perfect thing: a Noro striped scarf like Jared's! I used 2 balls instead of 4, so it's a skinny scarf, but that's how I like it.

My pictures aren't great because I was in a hurry to send it off. Here's my attempt at being artsy fartsy with a bowl of apples in the Radio Flyer wagon:



Here's the scarf fanned out on the table:



And here's a close-up so you can see how the colors look.



Pattern:
Really, this is pretty generic, but the idea is from Brooklyn Tweed. CO 29 stitches, work in 1x1 rib, alternating yarn every other row for all kinds of stripey goodness.
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, I forget what shades...the labels are somewhere in the car. I picked fall colors because those are my mom's favorites.
Needles: size 8
I didn't measure gauge or do a swatch or even measure the final width and length, though I'm pretty sure it grew when I blocked it. I just wrapped it around my neck to make sure 2 skeins would make it long enough (barely).

You'd think 1x1 rib would be boring, but the changing colors kept me entertained. Maybe I'll do a wider one for myself, especially since I accidentally left my other scarf at Daniel's Kindermusik class last week. That scarf was really itchy, so I didn't cry over it or anything.

Coming soon: another FO, this time for my brother. I've left some clues in past posts...

Comments

Popular Posts