Knitterly Resolutions

A little late, but who's counting?

1. I'm contemplating Wendy's Knit From Your Stash 2007, and I'm still not sure about it. Firstly, she's kind of cheating, seeing as she's received several mammoth shipments of yarn since she came up with the idea. If one spent the last weeks of 2006 stocking up with gobs of yarn, it sort of defeats the purpose, don't you think? Whatever. Her stash is her business. Secondly, you know a bunch of people are going to jump on the bandwagon and be really good until about March when they can't stand it anymore and go on a yarn binge and make their local yarn shops very, very happy. All that said, I'm thinking of unofficially participating. My stash isn't embarrassingly huge or even that impressive, really, but I'm sure I've got enough to keep me busy for the next nine months, especially since I'm trying to finish my doctorate this year (eek) and that should take priority over knitting - DUH. (I did get some birthday money for yarn - thanks, Mom! - so that will be an obvious exception.)

2. Even if I don't go on Wendy's South Beach Yarn Diet, I ought not to buy yarn faster than I can knit it up. I live in a small house with a small child, so we are already accumulating more stuff at a faster rate than we really want to. I have no business filling up the basement with yarn I can't use right away.

3. I usually have too many projects going at one time. Knitting one thing at a time is just boring, but knitting six or more things at a time is practically a disorder. I think I should limit myself to three simultaneous projects so that I can actually get things finished. I'm pretty sure I have more than three things going right now, so this means I need to finish up several things before starting anything new.

On that note, here's my latest work in progress:




Does it look like a blob of ribbing? It is a blob of ribbing! But it will soon be a v-neck vest with a few cables in the front to make it classy. I've had this yarn for at least three years, or maybe four, so points for stash-busting!

Comments

Popular Posts