Finished! Pink baby sweater



Pattern: garter stitch cardigan from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight
Yarn: Sirdar DK, an acrylic/wool/nylon blend, 137 yds/skein, about 1.5 skeins, and a little bit of cream wool leftover from something else. The label is long gone, but I think it might be Debbie Bliss merino DK.
Intended recipient: Who knows? It seems like people are getting pregnant faster than I can knit for them! I just found out we're going to have a new nephew in May, but somebody's bound to have a girl sooner or later.

When I started this, it was to try and use up the pink yarn that I only bought because it was on sale for $10 for a bag of 4 skeins (I really shouldn't do that.) Despite this being a small and very easy knit, it took me several months because I would pick it up out of guilt, knit a few rows, get tired of the yarn and pattern (garter stitch is eye-crossingly boring) and put it down, pick it up, put it down, lather-rinse-repeat. The cream-colored stripes around the edges were my own idea, and I think it really helped. I ought to make a little hat and booties to go with this, but that will probably just finish up the second skein. I'll probably wait on that until there's actually a specific baby to knit for.

This isn't the most exciting project ever, but it's good to finish something. So far I haven't kept to my resolution of only having three things going at once.

Comments

Popular Posts