little things

I haven't knit a stitch in days. Strange, isn't it? I'm not ill or injured, or busier than normal. I want to knit, even. It's just that this week I finished up a couple of small projects that have been OTN far too long, and now I have absolutely no idea what to start next. It's an odd problem to have. Usually when I find myself in this situation of having virtually no WIPs (which is rare to begin with), I'm itching to cast on everything in sight. Instead, right now I'm paralyzed by indecision and an overwhelming need to keep everything orderly and efficient. I suspect this has much to do with school starting next week and my desire to have a clean house and, dare I say, a bit of control over my precious time. I don't want to waste time knitting something I don't really want or can't give away, so I'm stuck trying to decide what will be the perfect project to start next. And lord knows I have enough yarn and patterns  around to choose from.

Something for me? Start the Christmas knitting? How much Christmas knitting do I want to do anyway? My brother and SIL live in New England now. I bet they could use more scarves and hats. Or is that presumptuous?Should I make socks for my kids? A new sweater for me? Start a blanket (this one) to use up the mountain of worsted weight wool I have squirreled away?

Anyway, here are the things I finished up. A hat for Anya:




Pattern: Aberdeen Ave. hat by GlennaC 
Yarn: Valley Yarns Sheffield (merino + silk + angora = lovely!!), 1 skein plus a few yards in light blue


I made the smaller size, thinking it would be for me, but it's a tad small. My gauge might be tight (I never bothered to check it), I don't know. It fits Anya, so now it's hers, I guess!

Also, I finally finished those socks:


I didn't use a pattern; the variegated yarn needs no embellishment. I knit the equivalent of 3 socks, though, because I made the first one in complete denial that it was too tight. Once I finally faced the music and pulled it out, I had a hard time getting started on a bigger needle size. They took all summer, but after 6 weeks of soccer practice and park play dates, they eventually got done. And now they fit. They're mine. ALL MINE. The yarn is hand-dyed merino/nylon/cashmere that was a gift from my brother and his wife. They picked out the perfect colors, don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts