hints of green

The title of this post refers to knitting and not, alas, to the lawn. We are having a long, very hot, very dry spell up here. The grass is brown and brittle, farmers are having a rough time with crops...and we're certainly taking full advantage of our pool membership! We could even top 100 degrees on Thursday. We're lucky, I know, not to be getting the violent storms and power outages that have ravaged the eastern part of the country, so I'll try to complain too much.

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. Being with my kids every waking minute (and some of the sleeping ones, too!) during their summer break has a way of cutting into my knitting time. I'm not even sure why, since I felt like I didn't do much knitting while they were at school/preschool. Those hours were mainly consumed with practicing, rehearsals, laundry, grocery shopping - you get the picture. Still, the intensity of my time with Daniel and Anya this summer combined with the heat sucks my energy to the point where I just don't get as much done as before.

Not that I've stopped knitting, oh no! For a while now I've been working diligently on a pair of socks for Daniel. I'm pretty far along on the second one, finally:


Another reason the blog got quiet is that I'm working on another babycocktails test knit. This one is kind of tricky, and I can't show you much, but I can tell you unequivocally that ROW GAUGE MATTERS, PEOPLE!! I learned this the hard way, by knitting most of the project twice. I think I'm on track now, though.



Lastly, look who's learning to knit:


You can't see it too well, but Daniel is using green yarn, too. He only sits down to knit for a few minutes at a time, but he's picking it up pretty well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm loving all the green!

Popular Posts