this one's not for anya

Do you remember my teal ptarmigan?



Anya stole it! Our first big sledding excursion of the winter, she complained about her neck being cold before we'd taken even one ride down the hill, so I gave her my ptarmigan to wear...and now it's hers. She insists on wearing it every time we go out in the cold, and she won't give it back.



I have been forced to make do with other neck coverings, most of them quite inferior. Until very recently, that is, when a good friend of mine, who was so amused that my three-year-old daughter stole an angora cowl from me, gave me two skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk in a gorgeous greenish sapphire color to make a replacement. And as soon as I finished up the Christmas knitting, that's exactly what I did!



Usually alpaca makes my neck itch, but not the Alpaca Silk. Oh, it's wonderful.




This is, of course, the second time I've knit this pattern and I enjoyed it every bit as much this time as the first. That Jared Flood, he really knows what he's doing.



This project knits up so quickly. I got more than halfway done in the car on the way to Rochester, MN, for my brother's wedding, and finished up on the way home the next day with an hour to spare.



Pattern: Ptarmigan, by Jared Flood of Brooklyn Tweed
Yarn: Alpaca Silk, by Blue Sky Alpacas, in the color "sapphire", just over one skein.



I was hoping to write this post yesterday, since the Ptarmigan was my last FO of 2010, but the weather was so awful and dreary I couldn't get any decent photos. Today is bitterly cold and extremely windy, so I had to take pictures inside (props to my mom for taking the pictures!) but at least there was some natural light we could make use of. I've got a couple smaller projects for Daniel that haven't made it onto the blog yet, and there's a community blanket for Afghans for Afghans I haven't mentioned at all yet that was one crocheted border short of making it into the FO pile before the new year! I've also got a sweater to finish and a new baby to knit for, so there should be lots of fun posts coming soon.

Comments

juicyknits said…
Your little one is quite a model. :)
Steph said…
How did you get her to do such a perfect "na-nana-NA-na" pose? Or was she just gloating about her stolen knitwear?
Jessi said…
Beautiful. Both of you!

Popular Posts