New Year inspiration

2007 was a big year for me. I traveled out of town for several performances, won a woodwind/piano duo competition here at UW, got pregnant, went to SongFest, recorded a CD and wrote a paper for my dissertation project, gave my exit recital and had a baby--all this while staying at home essentially full-time with a toddler.

No wonder I didn't get as much knitting done as I wanted.

I have no resolutions for 2008, knitting or otherwise (except maybe to get Daniel potty-trained because right now I'm washing diapers every 24 hours and dudes, that makes for a LOT of laundry). I have lots I want to knit, but no particular goals. With two little kids to take care of I figure I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment if I had any goals other than getting dinner on the table and keeping up with the laundry (see above).

But I'm still pretty inspired to knit. I don't have schoolwork standing in my way, I have plenty of yarn stashed and stacks of pattern books to keep me knitting happily for a while. I want to make some things for myself. And you bet I'm going to be knitting for my children.



Comments

Popular Posts