Baby, it's cold outside!

Seriously, folks, I think the high today was around -3. It's been quite cold all week, prompting me to set all my other projects aside (What was that? I said I was going to limit myself to three projects at a time? I don't know what you're talking about!) and whip up another hat for Daniel. While the last one I made for him is mighty warm and mighty cute, it's also getting to be small, and pulls up off his ears whenever he wears it. After all, if your ears aren't warm, what's the point?

Here he is, pretending to like it...



Side view:



And now removing it, as he usually does about 5 seconds after having a hat put on:



Yarn: Cascade 220 in dark blue and lighter blue from the stash (woohoo! stash-busting!) The ball bands went to the great Skein in the Sky a long while ago, so I don't know the actual color names.
Needles: Size 7 circulars and DPNs, as well as size 6 circulars
Pattern: Totally my own creation, which makes me feel rather clever. It's got a partial lining and double-thick ear flaps for extra warmth. I even came up with the zig-zag color pattern on my own, not that it was hard. This hat is actually a test run for a larger one I want to make for my husband, and I'm not revealing any details of construction because if it turns out well enough I may actually write it up for submission somewhere...you know, because the Universe needs another hat pattern. There's some tweaking to do first.

Comments

Thorny said…
Wow, is that ever cute!

And wee one looks all kinds of toasty in it, yays all around!

Popular Posts