bigfoot

My little brother had a birthday this past week, so I knit him some socks. In his 34 years, those feet of his haven't gotten any smaller, and even though I know this and I know when his birthday is (it's the same day every year, after all), I still didn't get his birthday socks done quite on time. His birthday was Tuesday, and he received them yesterday, only three days late (not bad, really).


When Joe got his package yesterday, we did a FaceTime chat so I could watch him open his presents (the kids made him a couple things, too, and sent their birthday wishes). He is pleased with his socks, noted that they are the same color as his couch, and tried them on right then and there.


They fit him better than they do me. My brother is Bigfoot!


Pattern: none in particular. I CO 64 stitches, did a 3" cuff in 2x2 ribbing, switched to garter rib for another 6", knit a eye-of-partridge heel, kept the garter rib on the top of the foot before ending in a wedge toe. I keep meaning to knit more elaborate socks, but I always return to classic, simple styles that I can do off the top of my head.
Yarn: Springvale DK in the color "Cognac" by Three Irish Girls, less than one skein per sock
Sticks: size 3 DPNs to get a gauge of about 7spi (that's how I was able to finish big socks in two weeks for size 12 feet)

(By the way, I've added even more to my destash page, and everything has pictures now. You can find it on Ravelry here.)

Comments

Popular Posts