sweater for baby Z

The kids and I had a great trip to Niagara last week. Read all about it here. I didn't knit a stitch the entire time, which actually isn't that surprising, what with all the driving and camping and traipsing around. There was one evening we were stuck in the yurt for a couple hours waiting out a humdinger of a thunderstorm (thank goodness we weren't in a tent!), but I'd left my knitting in the car and didn't want to wander out in the torrential rain to get it.

When we got back, I finally blocked this dear little sweater:


Not a minute too soon, either, because baby Z was born in Oklahoma yesterday afternoon!

Pattern: Beyond Puerperium by Kelly Brooker
Yarn: Dale of Norway Lerke, a couple skeins in mushroom-brown, and a little bit of cream for the stripes
(Note: this is the third time I've made this pattern using Lerke. I've got enough to do a couple more, probably. Baby sweaters don't take that much yarn!)
Sticks: size 6 circular and DPNs for a 5.5spi gauge
Notions: buttons from the craft store, nothing too special, but I like how they pick up both the brown and cream colors in the sweater.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've hit a serious patch of the ennui lately. I'm knitting, but not at my usual pace. The inspiration just isn't there.

Comments

Popular Posts