don't have a good title for this one

To nap or not to nap? To use the potty or not to use the potty? These are the questions. In fact, nearly everything about parenting is frustrating and exhausting these days, but I'm trying really really hard to keep my own complaining more or less confined to people who care (mainly my mom and my husband -- they are both very sympathetic). I desperately wish I had some time to myself. I could use a whole day in the house sans kids to do some serious cleaning/reorganizing/purging-of-excess-crap. I wish I had a little time every day for uninterrupted (that's the key word) creativity. Imagine if I could get through a whole blog post - or even a whole paragraph - without yelling "Stop pulling on your sister's leg! Don't spit on the floor! Don't throw that! STOP DOING THAT RIGHT NOW!!!" Sigh. I guess I'll just deal.

Fortunately, knitting is a good off-and-on sort of activity. Look what I just finished!



That blob up there is the twilight stole unblocked. I finished casting off at 5:30 this morning when Anya got up. I'll have to take a proper portrait after I finish weaving in the ends and block the thing.

Comments

kclblogs said…
i don't know how you do anything remotely lacey with small children around. i've tried it and get incredibly frustrated because i can't concentrate on it!
Suze said…
Katie, this is the easiest lace pattern ever. That's the only reason I got it done!
Anonymous said…
It looks lovely! I can't wait to see it all blocked out.
ann said…
Love your heart. Good thing you have such a good husband, mother, and head on your shoulders.

Popular Posts