Finished! Classic cable scarf



Pattern: Cable scarf from Classic Knits by Erika Knight
Yarn: Savoy, a merino/silk blend in aran weight, about 2.5 skeins. I bought 4 skeins, so I've got quite a bit leftover that I'm not sure what to do with (charity hat?). This yarn is super soft and the color is a brilliant, saturated red (I can't do justice to the color with my limited photographic skills), but it doesn't feel very durable. There's no way I'd knit a whole sweater out of it.
Needles: size 7
Gauge: I didn't bother to check, since it's just a scarf, but I think my gauge may have turned out a little tighter than the pattern called for
Comments: What a cool pattern! I thought the construction was clever from start to finish, what with the little keyhole and cables going in different directions and all. It still took several months from start to finish because I kept putting it down for other projects (I am fickle that way.) In fact, I finished the scarf at least two months ago, then didn't get around to blocking it until about 2 weeks ago, and I'm just now getting around to blogging it.
Made for: Not sure. Maybe me. Maybe I'll save it for a Christmas gift. Summer is upon us and it will be a while before anyone needs a warm wooly scarf, so I can store it away until I decide.

Comments

Slots Strategy said…
Just that is necessary, I will participate.

Popular Posts