happy new year destash!

I'm not much of one for end-of-the-year roundups or resolutions for the New Year. My birthday was earlier this week, and it just makes for too many reminders of what I hoped to accomplish but didn't. Also, New Year's resolutions I would theoretically make are the same resolutions I'm making all the time - keep the house cleaner, plan meals better, teach the kids to cook, buy less yarn, go to yoga class on a regular basis, pursue something more fulfilling professionally. It works out the same no matter the time of year: I go gangbusters for a week or two and then something happens where we fall back into the normal routine and I'm back where I started.

I did try to have a clean house for the beginning of 2015, and while I didn't entirely succeed, I didn't fail entirely. The bookshelf in Anya's tiny bedroom is now organized (though her floor is still an utter disaster), I took a few bags to the thrift store, and...drumroll please...I went through my yarn stash.

I have decided to say goodbye to a lot of it, and believe it or not, it wasn't that hard. I'm tired of having so much that I feel guilty about it. I'm tired of having yarn I feel like I should  knit instead of just yarn I want to knit. So I listed a whole bunch more yarn on my destash page on Ravelry. You can find it here. There is a lot of good stuff there, and while I've listed it for sale, mostly I just want it gone. If you see something you want, make an offer or just ask!

Comments

Popular Posts