question for sewists out there

I consider myself to have intermediate sewing skills. I can do most basic things, and I can make a simple tote bag without a pattern. Since getting a new machine last spring, I've managed to make a lot of projects look better but my work still lacks polish. I've put some reference books on hold at the library to have a look through them, but I'm wondering if any Mad Knitting readers out there have any specific recommendations? Amazon reviews only tell you so much, after all.

Here's what I'm waiting to get from the library:

Threads Sewing Guide

Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing

Singer Complete Photo Guide to Sewing

The Sewing Book: An Encyclopedic Resource of Step-by-Step Techniques

Vogue Sewing

Does anyone out there prefer one of these over the others? Or one not on the list?

Comments

Popular Posts