Nebbiolo #2

I pulled out of my knitting funk long enough to do one quick project:


Nebbiolo is a lucious, chunky cowl with a bit of lace and a few cables in between.
It knits up fast. I think I got mine done in about three leisurely evenings of TV watching.



I love this design; in fact, this is the second time I've knit it! (Here's the first). 
Alas, it is not for me. 
I'm donating this cowl to a silent auction fundraiser for my kids' school - 
because I'm such an awesome and generous person.
(Or something like that.)




My husband is less than enthusiastic about these photo sessions. There's always something wrong - the light (it was cloudy outside), the background, the weather, though heaven forbid we spend any time going somewhere other than the back yard to take pictures of my FOs. We go out there, find the least ugly part of the yard to serve as background (usually the choice is between the compost bin and the neighbors' chain link fence, though sometimes we have some lovely plastic sandbox toys strewn about to make it a little more elegant), spend 5 minutes taking a bunch of pictures, most of which are blurry, then somebody complains about the cold, and we go in. Still, we got a few kinda good ones taken this time. 

Pattern: Nebbiolo (longer size)
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Ultra, about 5 skeins
Needles: 10.5 circulars. Good thing this was a quick project, because needles that big are hard on the wrists!
Mods: None, aside from yarn substitution
Comments: I think the fact that I've knit this twice in the space of less than a year says a lot about how much I like this, don't you? I only wish I were keeping this one, but I don't think I really need two of the same thing!




Comments

Popular Posts