chartreuse

I finally (!) finished Chartreuse on Thanksgiving Day.


I used every last inch of the yarn I had. It was a little too close for comfort, and I even had to use something else for the pocket linings and stitching the collar to the shoulders, but I made it. I added a few inches of length to the sleeves, and I'm sure if I hadn't, I wouldn't have cut it so close.


I'll be honest with you, this sweater is not a quick or easy knit. The cables are tricky, the pockets and yoke shaping require concentration, and your gauge really has to be right for it all to work out. The result is beautiful, though, and totally worth all that effort.


I am so pleased with how the sweater turned out. It's long and comfortable and the tweed yarn I used is nice and light and doesn't weigh down too much. My only regret with the yarn is that it's such a dark color the cables don't show up as nicely as they might, especially in photos.


My brother took these pictures. We're all together in Kentucky for Thanksgiving, so I handed him my little P&S camera and dragged him out to the back yard for a brief photo shoot. (Note to self: time to start saving for a new camera.)

Pattern: Chartreuse by Thea Coleman
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed , 10 skeins exactly, plus a bit of Cascade 220 for the finishing
Sticks and Gauge: size 6 needles, 5 stitches and 7 rows per inch in st st
Mods: none aside from yarn choice, and that was just because I wanted to knit from stash


Comments

Renee said…
Wow, it turned out great!

Popular Posts