spring socks for stephanie

Wow, has it really been a whole month since my last post? Sorry about that! The last few weeks I've been rather consumed with coordinating outdoor and garden activities at the kids' school, which hasn't left me with much time or brain power to do much knitting.

I did finish a pair of socks, though, the ones I started in March when Daniel had outpatient surgery for ear tubes and adenoids. They are bright and loud, perfect for our slow spring after a long winter. (The yarn is Austermann Step…someone asked about it ages ago.)


Stripes!
I decided not to keep them. My cousin Stephanie's birthday is in May, and it's become a tradition for me to make her a pair of socks every year, the more garish the better. She lives in Kansas, so she may not need to wear wool socks for several months yet, but at least the color palette fits the season.

Leaning with the seedlings!
What else do I have OTN? There's a sweater my mom and I are working on together that I haven't even showed you. It's been a total pain in the butt for both of us, but I hope to have mine finished soon. My parents are coming to visit next week, so maybe we can share a joint FO post! I've also made a couple of hats; one is a test knit that I can't show you until the pattern is released, and the other is a reknit of a pattern I wrote up when Anya was just a year old.

I also need to get cracking on making something for the imminent arrival of my cousin D's first child. What does one knit for a newborn in the Oklahoma summer? I'm thinking a larger sweater for next winter or perhaps a set of knitted toys. What do you guys think?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think Baby Z (or his mother) would be happy with either one. She loved the "homemade" little quilt I sent.
Oma

Popular Posts