knitting can be hazardous to your family

Knitting can be hazardous to one's family. You can see why:



Yesterday, I absent-mindedly set a sock-in-progress on the floor in front of the couch. This is not something I normally do, but I was in a hurry for some reason. Maybe the kids and I were getting ready to sit together to read some books. I'm not sure. But later when Daniel got down he stepped on my sock and yelped a little because he'd poked his toe with one of those needles. (They are Knitpicks nickel-plated DPNs, size 1 - VERY pointy.) He didn't complain much, and he certainly wasn't hurt badly. But at 4:00 this morning he woke up calling for me and complaining that his toe hurt. It's possible he woke up from a bad dream or something and not his toe, but later on when the sun came up and we all got up for real, I could see the tiny wound that needle made.

Clearly, I need to be more careful!

Comments

Caffeine Girl said…
Aw, poor guy! This is a good thing to be aware of !

Popular Posts