i regret nothing

The month of June is really flying by. I keep seeing signs advertising stuff happening on the 4th of July and I'm thinking, Isn't that a ways off yet? But no, actually, it's that time has a way of slipping past you when you're preoccupied with things like kids and traveling.

Speaking of which, we went on vacation this past week. It was a real, honest-to-goodness vacation, too. All of my in-laws live in North Carolina, so we flew out there and the lot of us spent five days on the beach - sand, sea, plenty of time to relax, and only one trip to the ER (everyone's fine now, not to worry). 

I had to accompany some auditions this weekend, so I flew back a few days ago while my husband and kiddos spent a couple extra days with my in-laws in Winston-Salem. When I drove to Milwaukee this afternoon to pick everyone up, I made sure to leave some extra time to stop in at Cream City Yarn



I have not bought yarn in a long while (not since I knit Christmas presents last year, I think) because I'm making an honest effort to reduce what I've got. However, a little birdie told me that Cream City carries Quince and Co yarns, and since the shop is only 5 minutes off the interstate on my way to the airport, I thought it was maybe fate that led me there. 

I wrestled a bit with even going (see above re: stash reduction efforts), but in the end I'm not at all sorry I went. The selection was gorgeous, and the employee, Amanda, was extremely friendly and helpful. I didn't leave empty-handed, either. I bought enough Finch to make Kimmswick (which I've had my eye on since the pattern was released last winter) and a bottle of Soak wool wash because I finally ran out of the giant bottle of Eucalan I bought when Daniel was a baby. That's it. Not like that in itself was a tiny purchase or anything, but I was sorely tempted by many, many other yarns in that shop, and I congratulate myself on keeping my purchases limited to one project. It's so easy to go overboard, you know? 

I regret nothing.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for the kind words! I remember the day you came in and showed me the gorgeous scarf pattern-- I was reminded of you the other day when a woman came in with the same pattern! I hope you'll stop in and show off the finished product when you make your way out here again. :)
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for the kind words! I remember the day you came in and showed me the gorgeous scarf pattern-- I was reminded of you the other day when a woman came in with the same pattern! I hope you'll stop in and show off the finished product when you make your way out here again. :)

Popular Posts