testing 1, 2, 3

Five on Friday! TGIF y'all!
Five things being tested this week:

  1. Daniel's reading and math abilities. Now that he's in third grade, the standardized testing starts. It's not all bad, mind you, and we're lucky it doesn't seem to stress him out too much, if at all. But it's just adding to the complexity of life with kids in public school.
  2. My students at my new teaching job. Actually, they're getting their first big test next week, but we've started the review for it already. I have a lot of prep work ahead of me, but I can't say any more.
  3. My patience. I have a lot more balls in the air this year, and it's a good thing, but it means my family has to pitch in a little more on some things at home and...they're still adjusting to that. No further comment.
  4. I'm working on a test knit. Of course I can't share about it yet, but it's time-consuming and I'm a little behind. However, it's tweedy and cabled and just the sort of thing I love to knit, so it's all good.
  5. To that end, my phone. I got a new one (finally). I like it, but there are a few things I'm still getting used to. It has a nice camera, though, look! 


Hopefully artistic but not too revealing snap of my test knit in progress.

Comments

Popular Posts