1. The kids are still adjusting to several time changes from last week. We drove to Kentucky to visit my parents, so we crossed a time zone. Then on Nov. 1, my mom's birthday (!), we changed the clocks to end Daylight Savings. Two days later we drove back to the central time zone and came back home. Anya has been getting up between 4:30 and 5:00 every morning. Yesteday she got up at 4:30, didn't nap, and went to bed at 5:00 in the evening. Daniel, who doesn't really nap anymore, gets up early, too (though not as abominably early as his little sister) and goes to bed any time between 6:00 and 8:30. It's completely unpredictable. It also makes dinner time a little tricky.
2. I made myself a hat, which I actually finished up a few weeks ago, but it's been snuggling up with my new mittens in the pile o' winter accessories because it's been so freakishly warm here. (Daniel wore shorts on Saturday. I hung clothes out on the line on Sunday. I did not think this was possible in November.) I'll give the hat a proper FO post soon, but here's a little preview:
3. The warm weather feels really strange, given that the trees dumped their leaves a while ago and how early the sun sets.
4. At least the warm weather makes running more pleasant. I ran for a whole hour Sunday morning and it felt awesome (though I'm paying for it a little bit now - sore calves.)
5. I started another Christmas stocking, this one in denim blues:
I think I'm getting better at knitting colorwork with two hands. At least, my tension seems more consistent than the first stocking (though blocking did help quite a lot.) The stockings will get a proper post of their own when this second one is done.