Long ago, I saw the crafty pay-it-forward idea on Katie's blog, and I signed up and received a beautiful bag:
I use this bag ALL THE TIME. It's the perfect size for my wallet and phone and keys and a diaper and snack and small water bottle and even a small on-the-go knitting project if I so desire...and on top of all that, there's the long shoulder strap and front pocket with the funky dots so it's much cooler than a big old MOM PURSE, if you know what I mean. In fact, I've used it so much the strap is coming off on one side and I need to fix it.
Now, much later, I still haven't posted my own pay-it-forward yet (though I haven't forgotten!), and I see that both Jessi and Jenn have done the same thing. Just the impetus I needed! I think we'll do some swapping, yes? So here goes:
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations, so please read carefully:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
2. What I/we create will be just for you, with love.
3. It'll be done this year (2009). (Let's hope, anyway.)
4. I will not give you any clue what it's going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It could be anything! It could be a short story or poem written just for you. It could be a painting, drawing or sculpture. It could be something knitted. It could be baked goods, or something crafted. You don't know when you'll get it (other than it will happen sometime this year) or what it might be! It's for me to know and you to find out!
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange or whimsical.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note of your own and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to your note.
IMPORTANT: This offer is null and void if I do not see you post your own note to pay this forward. So, there you go: You have been tasked. First five... And... GO!
Ready, Set, Knit #312: Live at the Tent Sale 2013
11 hours ago